We had a plan yesterday; indeed, we did!
And here it is:
- shop for remaining groceries
- visit Barnes & Noble
- do laundry
- edit photos
- work on chopping the tree that fell down last winter into pieces
The plan seemed do-able, and we did get off to a great start
- completed the grocery shopping
- visited Barnes & Noble
And, then Mother Nature intervened; if she hadn't gifted us with such an outstanding example of Indian Summer, I know we would have completed our plan. We had "PURPOSE!"
Truly, it's all her fault, and we are never ones to waste a gift.
- drove to Delaplane, VA
- visted Barrel Oak Winery and completed our tastings
- bought two bottles of wine
- shot tons of photos
- drove to Stribling Orchard
- bought Stayman apples to dehydrate
- backtracked to a second winery that we passed on the way to Stribling
- completed another tasting
- bought 2 more bottles of wine
- shot more photograps
- relaxed in the late summer sun
- drove to Marshall Diner
- consumed the greasiest and most awesome patty melt
- meandered home
Wow! I just realized that we actually accomplished about 3X more than the original list.
P.S. Just so you know, laundry is in progress today, and I am editing photos. I also spent over an hour photographing the shadow patterns created by our laundry basket. Got some pretty cool shots, too!