Over at Artsyville, it's "List It Tuesday" once again, and although the kind folks there are quick to reassure me that I don't need to post on Tuesday, and that since I have all week to post, I'm really not late...well, the teacher in me says if I don't do this on Tuesday, I really am late. So, notice, please, I am on time this week! (It may not happen again any time soon...)
We've been given free rein this week, so I thought I'd revisit "This Is What I Know."
1. I'm happiest wandering about with a camera, focusing on what ever might catch my attention....the roots of an onion (cool surreal photo) or rusty bikes at the shore (to the bewilderment of 2 teen age boys). Doesn't matter one bit!
2. Photoshop is a wonderful thing. I get lost in it, playing for hours, pushing the envelope, just to see what happens, 'cause, you see, there's always the "undo" button. Wouldn't life be wonderful, if we could just hit that undo button once in a while?
3. I love vanilla spice lattes. Love them.
4. McKay's used book store is saving me a fortune.
5. When there's a two year old or four year old boy, or both, in my house, and it gets quiet, I better check on what's going on and quickly. Noise is wonderful because I know what they're up to.
6. I am going to the beach over Presidents' Day weekend, and if all goes well, I'm going whale watching with my husband and my sister. And, I get to play with my new wide angle lens. Since I really love my sister, I will let her play with the lens as well, and then I bet, she figures out a way to get one soon as well.
7. I need to stay out of "Chico's." I find way too much to buy in that place.
8. My husband is an awesome cook, whether it's homemade soup and bread or it's cookies. He does it all and does it well.
9. I love middle schoolers. They make some folks shudder, but all in all we have a blast. Right now they are humoring me and seriously trying to figure out how to calculate rates, bases, and percentages. No kidding!
10. Teaching ancient history is suitably gross enough to capture those same middle schoolers' attention.
11. I work with an awesome group of people.
12. I miss journaling and need to get back to it.
13. I need to win the lottery so I can quit, shoot pictures, write in my journals, and oh, maybe once in awhile, clean my house. Notice what's at the end of my list.
14. My daughter and I are taking a photography class together beginning in April. Yay!