I started with a couple of colors of Ranger's Adirondack Spray Inks...butterscotch and plum, I think! I placed a stencil on the page and sprayed some plum. I blotted with paper towels.
I shifted the stencil and sprayed some butterscotch. More blotting.
I spritzed some water, tilted the book, and let her drip. More blotting.
Repeated the above until I sort of liked it.
Then, I grabbed several stamps and some stazon ink and added the border on the left.
And, then I was stuck.
I played around with various images, but none of them grabbed me, until I realized I liked the shilouette left over after I'd cut out an image.
I held the scrap piece in place and dabbed on some black paint.
I let it all dry a few hours and then journaled to my heart's content.
I only wish now that my journaling pen had a stronger/wider point to it. The journaling done in black seems to get lost on the page.
In other news, my dh has a herniated disk in his neck. Since it's pressing on some nerves, a neurosurgeon will operate next Wednesday, June 2. If all goes well, he'll go home the next day, but I need to take several days off work to be around. There will therapy, a neck brace, etc. etc. etc. Gonna be a bit of a long haul, but the strength in his left arm has really deteriorated, so it needs to be done. I thought I was juggling quite enough balls, thanks, but I guess not! We are blessed in that the chief of neurosurgery is doing the operation, so Phil's in good hands.